embracing life and letting God

11.02.2011

My Oh-My Meatloaf

Happy November! I hope all of you are feeling blessed as you witness the beautiful colors of fall. To comfort our hearts and our tummys I made a new meatloaf tonight and I wanted to share it with all of you. I made it ahead for tomorrow night but we couldn't keep from taste-tasting. This one is filled with good omega fatty acids. So here's the recipe...

  • 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef (grass-fed means full of healthy omegas)
  • 2 organic free range eggs (more good omegas)
  • 4 tablespoons flax seed meal or ground flax seed ( I'm singing...oooomeeegaaas)
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (or less..it's too taste really)
  • 1 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 3 tablespoons of milk
  • Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 - 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 4-6 slices of organic turkey bacon (I used Wellshire brand - no nitrates no curing)
  • Jar/Bottle BBQ sauce (I used Daddy Sams Slop It On BBQ Sawce - delish)

Preheat oven 375 degrees. Mix first 8 ingredients together in a bowl. Shape into a loaf in a glass baking dish. I put a little olive oil to coat the dish. Top with slices of bacon. Bake 375 for 20-30 minutes or until middle is done. Then top with BBQ sauce to taste. Broil until bacon is crisp and BBQ sauce is caramelized a little. Enjoy! I will update this post later with pictures to show you how yummy My Oh-My Meatloaf looks!

From My Heart to Your,
Mindy B.
Revealation 12:11

0 comments:

Post a Comment

bless me with your heart!

© my own sense and sensibility, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena