It has been a while since I have blogged and I have missed it so. Life has been simply crazy here. WARNING: This is a long one. I told you I missed it!
I was unsuccessful in sharing the last 18 days of "A Season of Thankfulness". I was still thankful I just didn't get a chance to blog about it. But, have no fear I am making up time today.
18 Ways I am Thankful...
- My God, who loves me even when my faith wavers. (Did I repeat this one? Needed to be done!)
- For Women who, in the midst of their struggles, still take time to encourage other women.
- With God, ALL things are possible. (Matthew 19:26)
- I can do ALL things through Christ who Strengthens me. (Philippains 4:13)
- When my children are sick I get to spend more time giving them extra love and attention.
- When you homeschool, and life gets in the way, there is always tomorrow to 'get back on track' and get the work done without pressure to complete make-up work and regular schoolwork.
- Beautiful Christmas decorations that bring more light and beauty to my home.
- Fires in the fireplace.
- My mother, whose mission in life is to keep me comfortable.
- Movies that make my children laugh.
- Saltine crackers when tummies can't stand to eat anything else.
- Tears that pour and release the stress felt over the challenges in life.
- Those who give up their whole lives to protect mine. Thank you.
- My children's faith.
- Rocking chairs.
- Open windows.
- Forgiveness. Given and received.
Let's just say, the Lord used this assignment to draw out of me what I really knew all along, I need to trust Him more. He also showed me that some jobs are best left for someone else to do. When it steals from my family's time and attention, it really is not where I am supposed to be at this season in life.
recommend or support something: to support or speak in favor of something
somebody giving support: somebody who supports or speaks in favor of something
helper: somebody who acts or intercedes on behalf of another
Did God ever know what he was doing to give me these gifts. Thanksgiving went off without a hitch. Everyone enjoyed good food and reconnected with one another, loving each other as God intended. My house was not perfect but our Thanksgiving was Just Right!
In the middle of all of the preparation for Thanksgiving, Rhino 2 had a stomach bug. We thought maybe he was having anxiety "stage fright" attacks, but apparently we were wrong. Eagle 1 and Princess 3 chimed in Friday night with the bug, and Captain and I came down with our own version over the weekend. With all of us feeling the yucks the B. household shut down for the weekend. Most of us are on the mend, thankfully. Princess was hit the hardest, as she is the youngest. She is still recovering today. Such a sweet little girl, weak and tired, but such a trooper.
So that's it in a nut shell. Our life. I am learning to smile and be happy, at peace, even when things aren't going my way. I am not consistent, I struggle. I know I am not alone. I am learning to be led by the Spirit and not by my feelings. God is showing me the way and I am still growing, Day by Day, Faith by Faith, from Glory to Glory.
Faith, Love, Joy and Eternal Salvation
are destruction to the devil's plan's to steal, kill and destroy.
Bless you all as we venture into the Season of Christ. Choose to Hope! Choose to Believe! Our God is an Awesome God!
From My Heart to Yours,